Frequently asked questions
Why rent instead of buy?
Purchasing a maternity gown or dress can be quite an expense. Why fill up your closet with formal wear you will only wear once. Pinkstar Maternity Couture allows you to rent a gown that makes you feel beautiful and keep up with the latest trends at a small fraction of the cost.
Can I reserve for a future date?
Yes. Simply let us know your date you want to reserve the gown for and we will have it ready for you.
What is the condition of the inventory?
Pinkstar Maternity Couture gowns are cleaned and inspected before each rental. All
gowns are in new to good used condition.
Is there a deposit? Yes. Because each dress is valuable, and because as much as I want to trust everyone. I've learned, I can't. Each dress has a different deposit based on cost. I do make them very affordable, and return them once the dress is returned! I give you the amount prior to pick up.
HOW DO I RENT A PINKSTAR COUTURE GOWN?
1. Find your dress online www.pinkstarmaternitycouture.com
2. Reserve It: Choose your date that your dress is needed and rent for 1 or 2 days.
3.Pay by etransfer or paypal.
4. Pick it up: The dress will be ready for pick up on your chosen date either from the office or my home.
Return It: Returns are usually at my home, I clean the dresses by hand after each use and hang them to dry. So home base is where all that happens. Place item(s) in the re-usuable bag that your dress arrives in, and just leave on the porch! I have a few fierce french bulldogs that love company too much!
5. Want a crown or fur to accessorize? We have those!
Pinkstar Maternity Couture, provides a large inventory of clean, fashionable maternity gowns for your use. Use of any rental services, gown or article offered by Pinkstar Maternity Couture, is governed by the following terms (the “Agreement”). By using the services consent to be bound by the agreement and acknowledge your agreement to it’s terms. If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, you may not use the services. All use by you of the services is governed by this agreement.
Please read the agreement carefully, because it is a legal contract and imposes obligations on you as a user of the services.
You agree that you are renting the gown and that Pinkstar Maternity Couture retains all ownership in the gown. You agree to pay the rental fee set forth on the website and other fees, damages, taxes, and costs including but not limited to late fees or liquidated damages. Rental fees are paid by cash or etransfer. As Well as the full deposit.
Renter assumes sole responsibility for the gown while in renters possession. Renter shall be liable for any loss, theft, damage, staining, or destruction of the gown while in possession of the gown in addition to any charges incurred for the rental of the gown. Renter must return all rented gowns in the condition in which they were received. If there is a spill and stain, please do your best to stop the stains from setting. Renters must pay for the full purchase price of the gown for stains that are not removed with cleaning. Small rips or other minor repairs will be charged a repair fee. Damage to the gown that cannot be repaired easily will require renter to pay the replacement costs.
What if I return the Gown Late or Not at all?
A $35 late fee per rental per day will apply directly to the credit card that was used on the order. Late fees on Maternity Shorts & Accessories are $15.00 per day per item. There is a 200% charge for the value of the garment that is not returned to Pinkstar Maternity Couture Rentals for any reason. Late fees are applied over the cost of the rental fees of the order.
What IF I loose or Just don't Return the dress?
If a gown is never returned for any circumstance the fee of 200% purchase price of a new gown will be charged towards your Credit Card.
T H E F I N E P R I N T
You know how much we love playing dress-up and making magic with you guys, but we do need to take a minute here to go over the boring stuff / fine print / nitty gritty of our rental agreement contract in order to make sure the rental experience is a win-win for everyone involved. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns about the agreement, we are always happy to help!
1. Once rented, you are responsible for taking care of the item. You agree to treat each rental piece with care and respect. You will be held responsible for any loss, destruction or damage to the product beyond any regular wear and tear. Pinkstar Maternity Couture reserves the right to determine whether damages exceed the regular wear and tear allowance.
2. Once you have made a booking you may switch to a different dress right up to your pick up or shipping date. If the dress you switch to is of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. If the dress you are switching to is of a lesser value we do not refund the difference, as we have reserved your original dress or item for you and it has not been available for anyone else to book.
3. You may cancel your booking at any time up to the first day of your rental term, however to receive a full refund you must cancel your booking more than 21 days (3 weeks) prior to the first day of your rental term. For cancellations made within 21 days of the first day of your rental term you will receive a store credit for a future rental, which has no expiry date. Please note we cannot issue refunds within the 21 day period before your rental is set to begin, only store credit. All refunds are subject to a $5 re-stocking fee.
4. In order to process your refund just call or email. If you reserved your dress via our online store and wish to cancel you do not need to come in, your refund will be processed via our website back to your original method of payment, as long as your booking is cancelled more than 21 days before your rental is set to begin. Credit notes will be issued via email, you do not need to come in. Please note that once your order has shipped we cannot refund any shipping and handling fees.
5. If you have placed your order online without having tried it on and it does not fit upon arrival, notify us immediately and we will do our best to get a replacement dress out to you in time for your event. If you do not wish to receive a replacement dress you may choose to receive a refund or store credit, as long as the dress is posted back to us within 24 hours. All shipping / courier fees are paid by the renter and are non-refundable. All refunds are subject to a $5 re-stocking fee.
6. Once you have cancelled your rental and obtained a store credit, a booking made with that credit note cannot then be cancelled for a refund. You may still switch to another dress, but any outstanding price difference will be charged.
7. If you have switched dresses and then cancel and obtain a credit note, your credit will be in the amount of the dress you are cancelling, not the original dress you had booked.
8. Once you pick up or receive your item it is considered rented for the time period agreed upon. Unfortunately if you choose not to wear it after you have picked it up we cannot refund / credit you for it.
9. Late returns are subject to a late fee charge of $35 per item per day and are strictly enforced, no exceptions. We base our business around scheduling and late returns prevent us from getting the item ready for the next renter in time. After 5 days you will be charged the full retail value of the item in addition to any applicable late fees.
10. Items being shipped back to us will only be subject to late fess if postmarked at a later date than agreed upon. You will not be charged any late fees due to carrier delays.
11. Please do not take the item to the dry cleaner. We handle the dry cleaning and it's included in the cost of the rental, so simply drop it back to us when you're finished with it.
12. Other than temporary hem tape, no alterations are permitted on the dresses. Please do not alter the dresses. You will be liable for any seamstress fees to repair the alterations. We have already altered the length on many of our XS gowns to fit a petite frame. If you are 5"3 or under we do have long gowns that can work for you - just ask!
13. Any items returned stained or damaged beyond repair will be charged at full retail value x2, in addition to any rental fees already paid. As we will need to replace the item and / or refund any future bookings for the item.
14. By placing a rental order with us you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions contract. Please ask us if you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions. We can be reached during business hours at 780-885-8572 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org